Saturday, March 18, 2017

Let's get started!

I am slowly easing into life here in Nancy. After a week and a half, and I still feel like everything is so new. I'm trying to figure out where to plant myself as well as how to be of use to Isabelle and the GBU students.

There are two students who I am excited to get to know more. One is from Indonesia. She shines with a her constant smile and is very approachable. It doesn't surprise me that her peers ask her about her faith. I was happy to get her a Bible for a friend. Amazingly the Bible was quickly delivered and well received.
German influence in Nancy

Another student started talking to me in English at the end of the Bible study because she wants to practice it before she goes on a mission trip this summer. This past week, she recently led her first Bible study, which went well.

These are some open doors that I have seen. I hope to find more opportunities to know how I can invest in students, encourage them and give them the resources they might need. Repeatedly, I have been told that the ministry that I do involves equipping students and sometimes indirectly leading others closer to Christ. Though I so desire to get my hands dirty and build relationships with those who don't know Christ; I do see a great reason to equip students to do this exact same thing. I hope to enable and be enabled to reach students for Christ by whatever means possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment