Thursday, May 25, 2017

Jour férié

View from my successful visits
Today Thursday the 25 of May, I decided to visit a few campuses. It's a nice day with the sun shining, it feels like summer. Every campus I went to was desolate, not a person in sight. I thought maybe the school was already over, even though we still have a GBU group meeting. I figured that there would be a few people hanging around especially because I went the day before to a couple other campuses. Still I didn't think it was a waste of time because I prayed and meditated since there were no other distractions. 

Now let me explain what is a jour férié. It's a holiday in France. Only a few match with ones in the states so I never really think about them and I keep working all the same. On this day, the 25 of May, it's a jour férié. The French like their jours fériés and they always recognize them, expect for the unfortunate people in selected stores and restaurants. 

Then the moment clicked, everyone was happily elsewhere celebrating their jour férié. I caught a bus and was out of there. Thank God that there was one coming in a minute because the buses only run every hour on jours fériés. At least I learned to check the schedule correctly. I guess I still haven't passed my France 101 course. 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment