Thursday, September 1, 2011

First Impressions


Nantes is amazing! I know these words don't express what I mean, but that's all I got. All the buildings are ancient, yet they seem to be aging slowing. By the way, I'm in love with the architecture. What really drives me mad is people seem so unaffected by their surroundings. All of this is normal to them and to me this is most beautiful scenery I have even seen. It's not normal to live in this everyday. In most places you have to travel miles outside normal life for this kind of experience. The streets are clean and everyone looks good. I am physically stunned to be here. It feels like I dream every time I go outside. Somebody pinch me already...

Now I am going to be honest. Part of me is scared. Basically I am not proficient with the language, my US dollars are losing their worth daily, and I have no idea what I am getting into. There is this tiny part of me saying: 'Get out now! Go get a job! Are you insane?' I know it's going to be really difficult for me here. Still that small part on me is minute compared to the joyous, excitement that yearns to be thrilled. Uncertainty is what drives me. My happiness has no bounds. I always knew when I went back to school I would be certain. The truth is, I have not been more certain about anything in a long time. I want to be here, there is no where else I should be. I wish I could be more excited but I'm just so darn tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment