Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

This is quite an auspicious occasion. It's my 29th birthday! I have not ever put up a post on my birthday so this one better be good.

This has to be one of the most special birthdays I have ever had. First of all because I am in France and secondly I am living one of my greatest dreams. Today doesn't feel real. I am in between reality and a dream. I am not sure if I have woken up today. Things seem hazy like the entire scene has been sketched out loosely. I find myself staring into blank space. Partially because I sometimes don't understand what people are saying, and the other reason is my dream-like state of mind. Today was everything I wanted. I had a nice meal and everyone spoke in french around me while I mostly listened and responded to questions.

I decided to make a savory tart for "mon anniversaire". The recipe was entirely in french and I thought I could figure it out. I picked fresh herbs from the garden and brought fresh veggies at the Saturday market. I found that it was a bit difficult but thanks to the kindness of Annie, she assisted very well. I even was able to make a apple tart for dessert. Everything tasted good, but next time I will go bigger and better. This is just the beginning.


**My birthday wish of myself is to be more courageous and speak french. It doesn't matter what comes out, as long as it's french!**

No comments:

Post a Comment