Wednesday, October 19, 2016

My amazing reward

“Hi Tanya,
Thanks for the email. I could really use a ton prayer. I'm feeling very overwhelmed with everything I'm trying to achieve to be fully funded. It's been a constant battle and it doesn't seem to end. I will be going to Texas for 2 months Nov 3-Dec 28th to raise support and visit family. Please pray that I get more appointments because I don't want to be aimlessly going from one week to the next. I'm trying to plan visits, but I don't have very many. Also I don't really have community down there and it's so easy to get lonely. My parents (who I'm staying with) don't go to church and it's already been hard to be motivated so this might be another huge obstacle. I need so much help; it feels like I'm against impossible odds.
Thanks for the prayers!
Nia”

I sent this email today. Every quarter, the InterVarsity Link coordinators pray for all the staff. I always have requests because I feel like I’m always struggling with something. Even after I send them, I realize that I forgot some. I don’t think these struggles are going to get any easier. I wonder what I signed up for and if it’s always going to be so hard. I don’t feel equip for this. In no way do I feel strong or able.

My amazing reward from this battle is faith. I’m able to believe for others. Today I received a message from a friend. I have been praying for her cousin to be healed from cancer. To my surprise her cousin told her that she was healed.


“Your glory fills the whole earth”. Recently I was doing some listening prayer with my supervisor Renée. I had so much I wanted to listen for, but the first words she received were “powerless” and “overwhelmed”. So we listened for these two words. The image I received was of drops of water coming down from one finger. The drops morphed and covered the entire earth. The verse from Isaiah 6:3 came to my mind: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.”

No comments:

Post a Comment