Thursday, October 22, 2015

Beyond the doubt

Tonight I was not motivated to go to St Quentin and annoyed because I was once again late. I keep thinking people won't come and that I'm not very useful to this group. Sometimes it's nice to have little expectations, God still works even when we have little faith. So we had 3 new students who came to St Quentin, one through someone connected to the GBU and the 2 others from the stand. It was definitely not a typical GBU considering we were all Christians and all agreed to pray before and after the study. (Normally we don't pray because it excludes non-christians instead we pray before the group or at another time.) So we were mindful to explain that if there were non-chrétiens we don't normally pray and that people can come earlier and pray. The discussion went well and then went into a time of personal testimony and encouragement from the application question. At the end of the discussion, Sephora shared a verse to encourage Rosalie and then Sephora prayed and Rosalie was crying at the end. I was just observing and taking it all wondering what a normal GBU at St Quentin would be like. Robert (the student leader) and I are similar because we go with the flow. He did take a lot of initiative as a leader which I was impressed by and I just felt like I was interrupting. We need more time to get a regular group coming before we can work out the kinks, but I did send him encouragements and suggestion of somethings he could work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment