Friday, October 2, 2015

God keeps us humble

Doing ministry doesn’t always mean that you have everything figured out. God keeps us humble. Here’ s message that I send after a 1-1* with a student:
*A 1-1 is a when we meet with another student to study the Bible. We choose a book to study each week and also share life together and pray. The goal is to equip the students to do a 1-1 with another student after they have seen how’s it done. Many students meet with their friends either another Christian or non-christian to read the Bible. It’s one of the best ways to encourage other and grow deeper in our faith.


Hi! I just met with Hong and we talked about Luke. We went through the first 2 parts of the series of I love LA with the booklet. Then she just read and asked questions. I was amazed by her curiosity. I tried to explain certain concepts: sin, the Old Testament prophets, etc, but it seemed like I gave her complicated responses. I am going to try and see how I can simplify these concepts yet still be true to the Bible. I found a book at the GBU, Basic Christianity by John Stott. I figure I should get some resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment